MAKING A RESERVATION
- Ocean Lovers Taganag is dedicated to safe and fun scuba adventures in Tayrona National Park. We focus on small groups and personal service and due to this, spaces can fill up quickly. To avoid disappointment be sure to make your reservation ahead of time. Reservations can be made either personally in the dive center, in our webshop or by phone/WhatsApp and require a deposit payment. Your space will only be reserved once we have received your deposit. If you would like to reserve an activity or dive course less than 24 hours before the start date, please contact us first by phone call or WhatsApp to confirm availability.
CHANGING YOUR RESERVATION
- We know that things happen and plans change! As long as you get in touch with us minimum of 24 hours before your activity start time we will be more than happy to reschedule your activities free of charge, subject to weather conditions and availability.
SCHEDULE / SCHEDULE CHANGES
- We know your vacation time is precious, and you are planning your vacation days out. You can be sure, that we’re going do our best, to schedule your activity for your preferred date/s. In the event that this is not possible due to availability and/or logistics we will inform you as soon as we have received your reservation and work with you to organize an alternative schedule. If an appropriate alternative schedule cannot be organized, we will refund your deposit. Feel free to contact us regarding schedules and availability prior to reserving.
- Every effort is always made to adhere to activity schedules. Ocean Lovers Taganga reserves the right to alter activity schedules if it is in the best interest of the client or when forced to do so due to weather conditions and other restrictions by the government. Every effort will be made to inform you of these changes as early as possible.
CANCELLATIONS / NO-SHOW / LATE ARRIVAL / NON-COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY
- If you cancel your reservation more than 48 hours prior to your tours’ start time we will refund your deposit. If you cancel your reservation between 24 to 48 hours prior to your tours’ start time, the deposit is non-refundable but we keep your deposit as credit for future reservations. For cancellations made 24 hours or less before the tours start time, or failure to show, the deposit is non-refundable, non-transferable to another person and no credit for future reservations will be given. For dive courses that have been issued training materials (digital or physical materials) a refund cannot be given for the materials provided.
- Late arrival – we understand that sometimes things happen, however please keep in mind that our tours run on a schedule and due to logistical reasons if you are running late we will do our best but may not be able to wait for you. In the event that you arrive late and your tour has already left the deposit is non-refundable, non-transferable to another person and no credit for future reservations will be given.
- If a diver chooses not to complete the full activity no partial refund will be given. In the event that a diver chooses not to complete a dive course any partial refund given will be at the discretion of Ocean Lovers Taganga.
CANCELLATIONS OF ACTIVITIES BY OCEAN LOVERS TAGANGA
- Scuba diving and snorkeling activities are highly weather dependent, Ocean Lovers Taganga reserves the right in any circumstance to cancel the activity. We understand that vacation time is precious, we will do everything possible to arrange an alternative option or reschedule the activity. In the event that no suitable alternative can be arranged we will refund the deposit.
DIVING EQUIPMENT RENTAL / LOST OR DAMAGED EQUIPMENT
- The rental of basic scuba equipment is included in all our activities. Diving computers, torches or other additional gear can be rented for additional charge on a daily base. You are responsible for your rental equipment. In the case of loss or damage, it will be charged to your bill with the original price to replace it.
CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Certified Divers are required to present proof of certification before participating in any dive activities. Please bring your certification card with you, whether it be physical or digital. If you are unable to provide proof of certification, you will not be able to dive and may forfeit deposits paid.
- Customers will have to read and sign the required forms for their specific activity, before they start their dive/snorkel trip and/or diving course.
- Customers are obligated to leave a copy of their ID for tax purposes with the dive center.
- Customers enrolling in any PADI courses will be required to fill out a Medical Statement before the course commences. If any of the items on the medical statement apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to recreational scuba diving participation. Your physician must complete and sign the medical statement and be sure to bring a copy with you as we will require it for our records.
PHYSICALLY FIT FOR DIVING
- The customer acknowledges being in good mental and physical condition for diving/snorkeling. Any client with a pre-existing medical condition or illness must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of participation in dive activities and will be required to provide a medical statement from a general practitioner stating that they are ‘medically fit to dive’. Ocean Lovers Taganga and its’ staff will treat all information with the strictest of confidence.
PAYMENTS OF ACTIVITIES OR REFUND / CURRENCY CONVERSIONS
- A deposit is required to reserve your space, payable in cash or with credit card in the dive center, or through bank transfer or our websites’ webshop with PayPal.
- Full or partial refunds can only be made through the same payment method you have used to pay. Any transaction fees will be deducted from the refund.
- Your reservation balance is payable in full on your first day of diving with us.
- All prices are per person and in US$ and do not include 19% Sales Tax (IVA). Non-Colombian residents are free of sales tax, therefore we need to have a copy of your passport to proof it to the Colombian Tax authorities.
- Payments can be made at the dive center in cash – we accept US Dollars, Euros and Colombian Pesos or by Debit/Credit card – we accept MasterCard and Visa. All Debit/Credit card charges are made in Colombian Pesos and incur a handling fee.
- The conversion of US dollars or Euros to Colombian Pesos will be made on the day of payment based on the daily exchange rate using TRM. (Tasa de cambio representativa del Mercado, which is established by the Banco de la Republica https://www.banrep.gov.co)
- Ocean Lovers Taganga is committed to safe diving practices and injury prevention. It is not mandatory, but we recommend that if you intend to go scuba diving, you make sure you have an insurance policy that covers this activity. Some travel insurances do cover scuba diving and some do not. There are several scuba diving insurance companies to choose from. If you like to purchase diving insurance we can offer it from our partner ColAssistencia with a daily rate of US$3.
What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are stored on your computer if you agree. They are transferred between the website’s server and your internet browser to allow the website to remember actions you’ve made.
- Cookies used by Ocean Lovers Taganga do not collect any personal information about you, but may be linked to personal information that you provide to us through your interaction with our site. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs on our website, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, helping you to autofill forms, letting us analyse how well our website is performing, and improving your experience. They also help ensure that adverts you see whilst you are on our website and other websites are more relevant to you and your interests.
- Your privacy and trust are important to us. This statement informs you of the types of personal data we collect when you visit our websites and how we process them.